Friday, July 19, 2024

Confluence Golf 2024


I signed up for the Confluence Academies golf event at Forest Park because I love golf and I am a proud teacher (of Art) at Old North Academy. The event was designed to raise money for athletics programs at five of the charter schools campuses.

"You are paired with Anthony and you are gonna start on hole #9 on the Redbud course before your head over to the Dogwood 9." That suits me just fine. My partner Anthony is fine too, as the dynamics of the event means we will have our own carts and as a twosome in a four-man scramble have  two shots each for the 18 holes. (It was never about winning for me anyway.) How poetic is it that our starting hole is showcased in a painting in the clubhouse. (Above)

The event is well organized and this is the 4th annual for Confluence but arguably the best weather day  (this year or ever for this event). 




The event included lunch served at 11:00 am and a 12:00 noon shotgun start. There were opportunities to buy 50/50 raffle tickets and you could buy mulligans. I hope the coaches at CPA and the schools of the charter network of Confluence Academies got enough smiles from the event as I did.

I was able to join my golf league night at Creve Coeur after the round on this perfect July 18, 2024 golf day.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment