Saturday, October 23, 2021

Everybody Knows...







 


It isn’t fair. It wasn’t me.

Everybody knows, somebody.

Look around. You might see.

Somebody else behaving so badly.

Everybody knows you can’t just blame me.

 

Be safe. That sounds fair. That sounds alright.

Everybody knows you gotta get it right.

Everybody knows I didn’t start the fight.

I’m staying out of trouble. I’m out of sight.

Everybody knows: might does not make you right.

 

I try always to be thoughtful and kind.

You might think I’m out of my mind.

Take a closer look. You just might find.

It wasn’t me. Let me remind

You can’t blame me – not this time.

I am not a bully this time. Or any time.

Be cooperative. Stay focused. Stay on task.

This cooperation might not last.

Everybody knows blaming me is easy and fast.

Everybody knows there is a bigger cast.

I didn’t do it. Do you really have to ask?

 

Everybody knows, the future looks bright. I can’t wait until

Everybody knows I am quiet and chill.

I’m not a bully.  I’m peaceful and still

Back off, I’ve got hopes and dreams to fulfill.

Everybody knows I can do it …and I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment