Friday, June 1, 2018

Golf - Morgan on the PGA tour


Brooks Koepka completed a double-dip at the 100th PGA Championship. With his win at the 2018 PGA Championship, Koepka is the first golfer since Jordan Spieth in 2015 to win two majors in one year. Tiger Woods created roars, defending champion Justin Thomas challenged and Adam Scott pulled even. But Koepka held off all challengers at Bellerive Country Club. I was a volunteer in the big merchandise tent on premise. 

I have served as a volunteer for security at The St. Jude Classic at  TPC Southwind near Memphis,  Daniel Berger repeated his PGA Tour win here in 2017 (June). He won last year June 2016 too.

I worked the BMW Championship (part of the FedEx Cup playoffs in which Camilo Villegas emerged victorious). I was on the communications committee at that event held at Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis in 2008. I also worked the Senior PGA Tour Championship as volunteer assigned to leaderboards and as a hole marshall in 2013. 

I’ve been to The Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club (Jack Nicklaus’ course) in Ohio, the Doral in Miami and visited TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra, Florida. Of course, I watch a lot of golf on TV.

Needless to say, I have an appreciation of just how good these guys really are on the PGA Tour. In 2018, I was thrilled to work merchandise sales at the 100 PGA Championship at Bellerive in Saint Louis. 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment